We have prepared a summary of e-Commerce trends from 2013 to 2014. You can download it from Slideshare.
Main eCommerce Trends for 2013 to 2014:
- Mobile payments – Braintree processes about $4 billion in mobile payments annually for Uber, Airbnb, TaskRabbit and others – source.
- mCommerce – 52% of tablet users now say that they prefer to shop using a tablet than PC – source.
- Bitcoin – new possibilities in on-line payments – Over 12,000 businesses and charities accept bitcoin with BitPa – source.
- New markets – BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) is the future of e-Commerce growth – source.
- Venture Capital in e-Commerce – In 2013 589 venture capital deals, agregate value of $5.2bn. The countries that have received the most e-commerce investment during 2013 are: USA ($2bn), China ($800mn), India ($680mn) – source.
Another eCommerce trends:
- Smarter prices – Amazon is changing prices of some goods even few times a day. In the future, companies will work harder to put on the intelligent control of the price. You can try tools like WisePricer.
- SEO -> PPC – “You should consider more traffic sources because Google strategy is “pay per click” and sooner or later – You will pay for all your clicks.” – source
- e-Mail Marketing – Customer acquisition by email marketing has quadrupled over the last 4 years – source.
- eCommerce Platforms – 1 of every 4 online businesses choose Magento.
- Digital Content – Freemium is main acquisition model in software and content – source.
- Same-day delivery – Amazon found that merely displaying an icon touting same-day availability increased conversions by 20 to 25 percent! – source.
- Buying local – Shutl couriers make point-to-point deliveries from a store directly to the customer – source.
More you can find on our Slideshare profile.