Although B2C eCommece seems to be the more discussed topic, it shouldn’t overshadow the importance of B2B commerce. B2B generates more revenue globally, and significantly more B2B sites are being created. So why haven’t more B2B companies picked up on the trend? Well, one big issue is that many of the decision makers in B2B companies don’t entirely understand eCommerce, and people often are scared to try something they don’t understand.
This is where we come in, we’ve worked with multiple B2B companies in the past years analyzing their successes and failures. We’ve come to multiple conclusions about B2B commerce which we utilized in helping our B2B clients become successful.
“The B2B eCommerce market is estimated to be worth $6.7 Trillion by 2020” – Forbes
Helping companies understand eCommerce is what we do. That’s why we used our analysis and experience with B2B companies to create a report that covers the most critical B2B success factors. Here are some key findings.
- 50% of B2B buyers begin their purchases by browsing for offers online. Direct phone contact with the company is now the 4th most popular way to make the first contact and to begin a B2B purchase process. Moreover, such an online search is performed by as much as 90% of all buyers.
- In the case of B2B sector, the integration process may turn out to be the most important cost generator.
- Companies that use lead nurturing methods increase their sales conversion rate by 50% on average.
- In the case of a large-scale system, a documentation is a must. Without it, such actions like hiring and introducing a new programmer would take a disproportionate amount of time.
- In order to attract the users, the platform has to facilitate their professional obligations. Price is the first and most basic matter. Individual adjustment is a must. Does it make any sense to use an online solution if we cannot see the costs of our purchase in real time? If the customers are forced to calculate the price on their own, they will simply give up. That is why it is so important to pay much attention to the integration of ERP/CRM systems during an eCommerce implementation process.
Below is a preview of the B2B Report – to get the full report contact us!