Meet Magento Greece is behind us. Here’s a bunch of statements and quotes worth to remember from this event:
- There’re more and more companies from Southern Europe that decide to use Magento as their eCommerce platform – especially in Spain. Italy and Greece.
- For those waiting for the new Magento for B2B – the release of the first version is planned for the end of 2017.
- Magento focused on the growing popularity of the marketplaces as Amazon or eBay and presented special plug-ins for integration: https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/marketplace.html https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/developer/IcebergCommerce.
- Magento organizes Meet Magento World – an online event that seems to be a very original alternative to traditional Magento conferences.
- Magento highlights the meaning of order management in the process of sale. In their new product: Magento Order Managment they focus on different types of click&collect function and using stationary shops as local warehouses.
We decided to ask some of the speakers at the event, what inspired them the most during Meet Magento Greece. You can read their answers below:
I loved MM16GR. It was so clear that the next generation of eCommerce will be about data science, identity and behavioural insights, which then drive optimisation and personalisation. The entire ecosystem around Magento, merchants, developers, and solution partners like us are coming together to make that happen. Exciting times ahead!
Regarding the MM16GR event I found it overall very useful. What was particularly interesting was the Innovation Think Tank initiative. I believe that technological companies such as Magento should focus on enhancing entrepreneurship and new disruptive ideas.
What inspired me most in MM16GR was the people and the interaction between then. Meet Magento is a pure ecosystem that brings together all eCommerce stakeholders from all around the world. If I had to select 3 words to describe MM16GE I would go for “passion”, “innovation” and “sharing”
Taking part in a MM event is an excellent opportunity to be part of a big eCommerce community. The MM16GR had a great success! According to the online registrations, we were expected to have 160 participants and almost all of them managed to come! I think that everyone was happy, and during the event people had the opportunity to share their questions and concerns with the speakers and of course with the Magento representatives, Kathleen Claes, Vincent Brach and Ben Marks. I believe that this year we raised the expectations bar higher, so now we are anxiously waiting for the next conference, MM17GR.
What inspired me was seeing how vibrant our Ecosystem is in Greece. Merchants and agencies connecting together to speak about today’s challenges in Commerce.
I was inspired to see “professionals with different roles and responsibilities in their companies (e.g., product managers, eCommerce consultants, IT managers, developers, logistics experts etc.) being passionate about discovering new ways to innovate with Magento and improve their business results”.
The first thing that inspired me was the place. Athenes are great, especially travelling on scooters. As for me, the event went perfect, thanks to the team of the organizers :) But the thing that surprised me the most, was the fact that at 17:00 the audience was still sitting and listening to the presentations. Usually everybody dissapears right after the lunch :)
Kristina Pototskaya – TriggMine
When you look at where MMGR was a year ago, compared to where it is now you can see that the Greek market is on the edge of booming, the amount of attendees and the interest for Magento, gives me a very good feeling for the year to come. It really reminded me of where Spain was a year ago, and now it’s one of the fastest growing market for e-commerce in Southern Europe. I’m really looking forward in spending more time in Greece in 2017 supporting our partners and merchant towards their digitalization process.