The management of key departments of Divante consists of experienced professionals whose experience allows us to minimize the risk and impacts the increase in the quality.
The implementation team consists of:
- Project Manager, who is responsible for all of the work,
- Designer – who creates a functional design of the system,
- Graphic Designer – who is responsible for the visual part of the design,
- Analyst – who tests the integration, migration opportunities and clarifies the functional design in terms of the other requirements
- Webmaster – who cares that HTML code is created in accordance with the standards and displays correctly in all the required browsers and devices,
- Developers – 2-4 programmers who have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the implementation of the selected platform
- Team-leader – who oversees the development works and assists in the issues related to architecture. He/she is one of the programmers,
- Administrator and Security Specialist – performing testing and caring for the infrastructure
- Testers – who support the team in the process of multi-stage tests, which are performed during and at the end of each stage.
- Managers – taking care of minimizing project risks
We always try to stick to the concretes. Therefore we list all the findings and information and prepare documents that can be accepted and attached to the contracts. We are committed to transparency and full understanding of the scope of the works.
In addition, full documentation provides a business security and opportunities for further development of the software internally or together with another service provider.
The following documents are created within the implementation:
- Functional design, integration analysis and models at the design stage.
- Technology concept of and system architecture at the design stage.
- Documentation for the administrator and programmer (technical documentation) – After delivery of the system.
- The tests plan.
- User documentation – Magento and the modifications (updated on a regular basis).
- Plans for emergency situations (after the resignation of hosting and maintenance).
After completion of the analysis and approval of the implementation documentation (functional design, integration analysis , etc.) the implementation team starts its work.
Developers are working under the guidance of the project-manager responsible for the design – with the support of team-leader or member of a team with extensive technical and architecture experience . The team meets daily for short meetings (so-called Stand-ups) where the issues and topics which can be implemented on a given day are discussed.
Exchange of communication between the team members and the customer is done via the ticket Redmine system. In the system of tracking progress the exact time spent on tasks implementing is recorded, what allows us to determine the current status of the works and possible deviations of the schedule.
The implementation phase is usually divided into several stages followed by acceptance and commissioning of the system components.
Typically, the valuation of the project does not include the creation of dedicated automatic tests – in case of such requirements, they will be created after adding a suitable time for creating and managing tests.
All works and tests are held in a separate test environment, the programmers use version control system (GIT or SVN) and use the other implementation Best Practices. These practices are described in detail in the attached separate document. Adding the implementation practicalities to the agreement is a standard in Divante.
In next entry we’ll discuss tests, hosting and SLA!