1. Google eyeing mobile-payments system Softcard
Google is planning to acquire mobile-payments company Softcard, resulting in a deal that would take the Internet giant and the largest US wireless carrier to battle with Apple Inc. and its Apple Pay service.
2. Must see – Microsoft HoloLens – Transform your world with holograms
For the first time ever, Microsoft HoloLens seamlessly blends high-definition holograms with your real world. Holograms will improve the way you do things every day, and enable you to do things you’ve never done before
3. Facebook touts its impact on the economy
A new report commissioned by Facebook has revealed that in 2014 the social media giant generated $227 billion worth of economic impact and 4.5 million jobs.
4. ‘Tinder for fashion’ App, Grabble targets 1m users as eCommerce moves to mobile
5 profiles of London’s most promising start-ups, looking at what has made them successful, what they have achieved to date and what they hope to achieve over the year ahead.
5. Rocket Internet CEO: We build real companies; work for Google if you like sushi and comfy chairs
Rocket Internet CEO: We build real companies; work for Google if you like sushi and comfy chairs!