1. 2 billion m-commerce users by 2017.
Based on Juniper Research report we can expect more than 2 billion mobile devices users that will buy online in the next 2 years. It includes not only goods and services, but also money transfer.
2. E-commerce sales grew 16,2% in Q3.
6,6% of total retail sale is e-commerce. In the US e-trade reached $78,1 billion and it’s 4,1% more than Q2.
3. Walmart’s online price match update thanks to Amazon.
It finally happened. Walmart couldn’t ignore this huge differences between prices with Amazon anymore and give up, by informing store managers that they can match prices with other e-retailer, including Amazon.
4. Mobile apps drive more customers to e-retail, much more.
“66% of time spent with online retail in September 2014 occurred on mobile devices” according to comScore Inc. It’s almost 15% more than the last year and it’s still growing.
5. New store format for future e-shoppers.
Waitrose allows its customers to follow e-commerce trends with click and collect, using tablet computers to place an order, and even learn how to cook.